Poster pics and newbie question

Feb 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Hello, new to software and have a couple of questions, No1 - when get info fails to find image / poster how do i add my own?, some of my animations are form kids series i.e batman brave and bold, and are not found by get info, I can edit all text based details but not image/poster.

No2 - This may be a stupid question, apologies if it is, when strating up i get a 'last 10 movies added' view, i want to be able to see all  movies, but when i click on 'all' (left hand side top) i only ever get last 10, all other genres work i.e thriller, family et.c.Tried to get around this by making smartlist with '*' wildcard but this doesnt work either..

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Hi, you can add your own poster by dragging the image into the box in the Info window (Poster section).

You can see all your movies in Settings > General > Show __ last movies added. If you put "0" in the textbox, you can see all the movies.

I hope I have been of some help.

Feb 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM
thank you very much

On 4 February 2011 17:53, HPNeo <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi, you can add your own poster by dragging the image into the box in the Info window (Poster section).

You can see all your movies in Settings > General > Show __ last movies added. If you put "0" in the textbox, you can see all the movies.

I hope I have been of some help.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (doublefeature@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email doublefeature@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I think the developer should take note here that I am now the second person to have both of these exact same problems.

I understand there are work arounds, but these things should really be fixed.

When I click ALL movies, I expect to see ALL movies. The "Show Last 10 Movies" should be a completely different category.

Secondly, and I REALLY hope this gets fixed, because other than these 2 things this software is flawless and amazing, The "Get Info" does not get a poster for all of the movies. My favorite thing about this software is that it shows all the posters of the movies. It looks great, like Netflix view except you own all these :P. Anyway, so for all the movies that it failed to get posters for I have to go and download an imagine and then edit the movie and drag the image into the box. I think the whole point of this software is to save you time and do all the work for you, this hassle defeats the purpose of the software. I don't know where you get the movie info from, but you should probably grab it from somewhere more reliable like IMDB.com. 

I really hope this issue is fixed soon!

Thanks,

Grim

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Sorry for the double post, but:

I FOUND THE PROBLEM WITH GETTING POSTERS! :)

When you initially add the movie, IF the software can use the filename to find the movie and fetch the info, it will fetch the poster. However, If the file name is a mess and the software cannot find the movie, it will not fetch the information when you add it. You now have to manually click Fetch Info, change the name and click search (it now finds the movie since you cleaned up the name), but when you click replace, it DOES NOT also fetch the poster.

So a quick summary:

Adding a new movie DOES fetch the poster if the filename of the movie brings up the movie in its search.

Manually running Fetch Info DOES NOT fetch a poster.

Please fix! :)

Thanks,

Grim

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM
+1 for the manual poster fetch fix, i've had the same issue, often when first imported my file names are all over the place, so they seldom get posters, later when i change them to correct file name and try fetch info - all info except poster downloads - at this point i revert to the earlier suggestion and search for poster then drag and drop onto poster space on file info.
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Re: the poster thing - I tried to change the poster manually as described above by dragging and dropping in the poster section of the info box. But when I do, the poster doesn't change.

Why is this?

Thanks!